Berlin Part I + II

I like Berlin, it is a very big city with lots to do and see. I have been so lucky to visit twice, in Winter (January) and Spring (April), both short trips. One of my best friends for the past nine years, my Little Potato Pipa is doing her master thesis there. She is a biologist just like me and is studying probiotics and cool bacteria in fish to make aquaculture better and ultimately save the world.

Berlin's history shows everywhere, wall remains, memorials, museums.. 

My Berlin travel in pictures
Berlin Mauer
Checkpoint Charlie
Bebelplatz, Book Burning Memorial & Humbolt University
Neue Wache Memorial
Berliner Dom and Island Museum
Berliner Fernsehturm

Stop Wars abandoned building in Alexanderplatz
East Side Gallery

Potsdamer Platz
Sony Center
Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe

Reichstag (book in advance to get in)
Tiergarten in Spring

Brandenburg Gates

Museum für Naturkunde
Müggelsee
Public transportation |
They are very efficient, and with a ticket you can use trams, u-bahs, s-bahns and buses. Consider a day ticket if you are doing more than 3 travels in a day, starting in the morning and ending at night, just because it really is a big city, (a single ticket can be used for 2 hours with transfers).

Flixbus |
I traveled from Berlin back to Copenhagen with Flixbus on a direct route (7h20). It cost me 19,90€ including the ferry boat ride that takes 2h. The buses are super comfortable and have everything you need (wc, electricity plugs, wifi, movies), drivers are always extremely nice and attentive and the roadtrip goes through some very lovely country sites. I love and recommend Flixbus!

Comentários

Mensagens populares